Carbon footprint / Corporate Carbon Footprint
Carbon-connect AG calculates its carbon footprint (corporate carbon footprint) in accordance with the Greenhouse Gas Protocol (GHG). We are oriented on, and therefore based upon, the widely used and internationally recognized standard for the preparation of a carbon footprint, also known as the corporate carbon footprint.
When compiling a corporate carbon footprint (CO2 balance), a distinction is made between different categories of greenhouse gas emissions. Carbon accounting refers to the recording of direct and indirect emissions of CO2 and other greenhouse gases.
Scope 1 (direct emissions)
Emissions originating from sources within a company.
(Consumption of oil, natural gas, coal, etc. for heating of buildings, operation of fleets, emissions from refrigerants)
Scope 2 (indirekte Emissionen)
Emissionen entstehen bei der Erzeugung von Energien, welche von ausserhalb bezogen werden.
(Bezug von Energie, externe Energieversorgungsunternehmen beinhalten z.B. den Strombezug)
Scope 2 (indirect emissions)
Emissions arising from the generation of energy received from outside.
(Energy supply: external energy companies include, for example, the electricity supply)
Scope 3 (further indirect emissions)
All other emissions that are caused by the economic activity of a company.
(Arrival and departure of employees and co-workers at and from the workplace, business trips, events, and consumption of auxiliary materials)
- shuttle service for all employees
- business trips and overnight stays
- consumables IT, etc.
- water consumption
- disposal and recycling
- catering, business lunches
- energy consumption and cooling consumption
- raw materials and auxiliary materials
- use phase and disposal products
Use your commitment specifically in your communications:
- carbon footprint, and corporate carbon footprint should serve as a compass
- identify your emission drive and reduce your energy consumption and resource consumption
- you will ensure transparency and credibility
- you will promote your positive image
- Your customers, investors, and business partners are increasingly evaluating companies based on their actions ensuring sustainability
- Inventory of your greenhouse gas emissions is your basis for the strategic direction of your sustainability message